Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Crime Rises in Guanajuato, Mex

For those Gringolandians who have said (and some to my face) that if any crime in Guanajuato exists it is only petty crime (and some Gringolandians don't believe the petty crime) exists here, listen to this:

Reported abduction of woman in the capital...Rest of the Story

Robbery of Pharmacy...Rest of Story

(This pharmacy is the one we frequent most often.)

A "petty crime" is defined as Offenses lower than felonies and generally those punishable by fine, penalty...

Will someone explain to me how the above are "petty crimes."

But then I wonder if the Gringolandians reading this will find some way to rationalize these quoted news items away. Perhaps they will say I am making these up. I've heard that more than once from my detractors, Right, Mr. Bill?

Anyway, crime is on the rise in this Gringolandian's Shangri-La.

Check out NBC's Dateline Report on San Miguel de Allende Kidnappings--CLICK HERE


***


Resources

1. THE PLAIN TRUTH ABOUT LIVING IN MEXICO
2. A WALK THROUGH MEXICO'S CROWN JEWEL - A Guanajuato Travelogue
3. ROCKET SPANISH
4. LEARNING SPANISH LIKE CRAZY


###

No comments: