Monday, May 10, 2010

Guanajuato, Mex -- The Plumber

Well, we've been waiting for the plumber since January, 2010, and he is just now getting here. It's only 4 months, not bad considering it is Mexico.

There is no telling how long it will take for him to finish the job. He is replacing the toilet. This could take an hour, a day, a week, a month. It is hard to tell. This is Mexico where the Twilight Zone Effect could take over at any moment. The plumber could say, something like, "I need to go out and get a part at the hardware store," and never return. Ever. I am not kidding either.

Or, he could say, "I need a $4,000 pesos deposit to do the job." I would then say, "But you said it would only take a $1500 pesos deposit. To which he would reply, "That was four months ago."

You just never know what can happen because, THIS IS MEXICO.

It is 7:45 AM right now. We got up early to get ready for the onslaught. It will be noisy, dirty, loud, smoky (they all smoke) and just where, I would like to know, where will we go pee-pee?

I will keep you informed.

No comments: