Sunday, March 21, 2010

Guanajuato, Mexico - The New GTOLIST

If you don't have a lot to do and are interested in touching basis with Guanajuato Expats check out this site: www.gtolist.com which is, I must admit, pretty slick. If the site's cool splash page is any indication of how successful the site will be, it will do very well.

What it is, is a forum. The setup is smart and snappy. It has a broad range of categories to which you can post. Or, if you are the lurker type, you can just read.

Forums can be informative, fun, and relaxing. They can also be a battle ground of disagreement, verbal donnybrooks, and sometimes participants resorting to even threatening you. Of course, that's why most have moderators.

I suppose some think that name calling at the very least and threats of physical harm at the very worst can be disguised under the umbrella of "Freedom of Speech." I could be wrong, though.

I used to be a network moderator for the Internet Relay Chat. There were times when on this live chat format that I had to ban users from the network. They would become so abusive that the chat room owner(s) would ask me to ban them.

I can't wait to see how this new www.gtolist.com works out. I wish it the best. It looks like it is far more interesting than the other gto_list.

###

Resources

1. THE PLAIN TRUTH ABOUT LIVING IN MEXICO
2. A WALK THROUGH MEXICO'S CROWN JEWEL - A Guanajuato Travelogue
3. ROCKET SPANISH
4. LEARNING SPANISH LIKE CRAZY


###

No comments: