Saturday, November 1, 2008

Why Americans Are Hated in Mexico - And the World

If you want to read a prime example of what I've been writing about for the past 5 years, Gringolandias and their impact on the countries they infect, read the following post by Jeannie Ralston at: CLICK HERE

###

This American Imperialist Princess, Jeannie Ralston, posted on her blog with The Huffington Post on September 29, 2008 that she had planned a vacation outside her Gringolandia, San Miguel de Allende, where she would be forced to interface with Mexicans outside her Gringo Bubble with her family on one of the U.S. Presidential Debates and thought she would miss watching the debate. Just read some of her prose...

"At first I thought I wouldn't be able to watch Friday's debate at all. But as it turned out, I felt as if I watched it with the whole world.

By the time I realized the date of the first debate, my family and I had already planned to spend the weekend with two other families at a remote hot springs resort about three hours from our home in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. I had been to the gorgeous resort once before and it was so isolated up in a canyon that I didn't remember seeing even a telephone.

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I arrived on Friday to find a wading-pool-sized satellite dish, which was connected to a TV in the restaurant. Now came the task of convincing the management to switch it to CNN International for the debate.

This is just one of thousands of events that San Miguel de Allende Gringolandians go through in their culture bubbles. If anything at all threatens to severe the umbilical cord to the U.S. they all but fall apart or they get nasty and they whip out the money. Here's more:

"There's a special futbol report on tonight," the manager told me. Going up against anything soccer-related in Mexico was about as futile as programming an embroidery competition against "American Idol."

"Well, this is really important, this debate," I said. "Actually this election will affect everyone here. Everyone in Mexico. It'll be important for people to watch."

"Yes, but we don't get to vote," he responded. "I think we should be able to vote too."

"Really, he's right," my friend, a New Zealander, turned to me and said. "The whole world should get to vote on the U.S. president, since we all have to deal with the fallout of anything he does."

She wasn't helping my cause. "Please," I said to the manager. "We'll be here eating dinner. We'll leave a big tip."

Finally the manager relented. "All right, all right." He waved me off, then added, "You know you've got some big problems up there right now." Being told by a Mexican that your country has big problems is an irony as rich as chocolate cheesecake -- without any of the sweetness.

I can't begin to tell you how many of these stories I've heard from the mouth of Mexicans through the years telling me why they Hate Gringos. The sheer arrogance of this woman is so vile the bitter gall can almost be tasted from her prose.

The gall, the American Imperialistic Arrogance to tell the Mexican:

"Well, this is really important, this debate," I said. "Actually this election will affect everyone here. Everyone in Mexico. It'll be important for people to watch."

Then...then the woman resorts to that which Gringolandians do (and worship) when they can't interface with the real Mexican world: SHE RESORTS TO MONEY.

She promised a huge tip would be forthcoming if the manager would inconvenience and insult Mexicans and their culture by giving in to her demands to watch the Presidential Debates.

This is exactly why I write what I do. The insatiable desire of Americans to rule, to take over, to conquer, to disrespect the cultures into which they infect themselves.

This is a perfect example of American Imperialism. It is disgusting, it is cultural pollution, it is morally defiling.

American Imperialists have a lot to answer for in the ruination of San Miguel de Allende, if you ask me!

Don't forget it!

No comments: